Wednesday, August 13, 2008

'Taylor Swift's Sparkly Acoustic'

Dad again!

For those of you who don't know who Taylor Swift is, she's one of the latest and greatest younguns in the country music scene. That's her there on the left - and the aforementioned sparkly acoustic. The final product I came up with is on the right.

Lexy had a fine working acoustic, but it was a bit pink and 'little kiddy'. I desperately wanted her to play, but I can't blame a 12-year-old for not wanting to pick up the guitar more fit for a six-year-old. So I asked her who her favorite performer was, she told me Taylor Swift (and, of course, I had absolutely no idea who she was talking about), but when I saw a guitar, I knew this was going to be a fun project.

Eight days, two pounds of glitter, four dozen rhinestones and about half a quart each of black paint and Polycrylic later, and Taylor Swift's guitar was recreated. Since, I have heard Lexy play two chords on it, which has made the entire project worthwhile.

I hope to hear more soon (hint hint).

No comments: